To understand where to install a GPS in a vehicle, you should take into Consideration the purposes of a tracker, They’re the next:
- Play the foundation of those paths Which Have Been followed (the time may vary depending upon the model selected )
- Track Live
- The length of these batteries, which is up to 60 times
- Limit motion
- Create alert zones to frighten you in the Event You enter or abandon them
The best thing about a vehicle GPS location tracker is that via a cell program it’s possible to see the path being taken or at which the vehicle is in this time.
For this, the company that sells the item must supply you with the app that has to be downloaded to utilize those purposes, although in certain instances it is contained in the guide, you merely need to stick to the suggested measures.
Advantages of installing a vehicle tracker
In outline, installing a vehicle GPS tracker will Supply you with the following benefits:
- Optimize safety methods: Whether for a vehicle or a transportation fleet for work, you may improve and ease the security of your employees, moreover, you are going to learn that the location of all vehicles in the event of an emergency, such as accident, failure of the vehicle and even theft.
- Theft prevention: When a vehicle is stolen, it can mean the loss of the thousands of euros you invested in it. A tracking system is the most effective solution to avoid this problem since you can locate your vehicle in seconds. It is true that you need to make a small investment in this product, but prevention has always been better than cure.
- Reduction of operating costs: Each vehicle GPS locator has built-in software with which you can manage and know the routes that are made with the vehicle. Thus, you will be the one to decide if they are efficient (in case of being a company vehicle) or if it is used for purposes that are not authorized.
How to set up a GPS for a vehicle
GPS setup is usually the most complicated part of the whole process. It is done by sending SMS and parameters such as the server IP, data transmission time, motion detections, etc. are established. It is highly recommended that the company that sells it to you is configured and connected to the monitoring platform.
Setting up the tracking platform is easier. Once you have accessed, you will see an interface that gives you the possibility to customize it to your liking and to activate or deactivate different functions.
One of the most common options is to create an area where the vehicle should not enter. An example is that of a company transport that makes a route through the Community of Madrid, you can configure it in the event that you leave your route or leave the Community. In this way, you will know if the worker does his job well or not.
You can also adjust some parameters so that more or less battery is consumed so that it starts transmitting data every time the vehicle starts and stops doing so when it turns off if you are using highways, tolls, or secondary roads and endless possibilities. in which you must spend time so that everything is perfectly adapted to your needs.
Other types of vehicle tracking devices that exist
Although you already know the basic GPS trackers, which may or may not have a battery and must be hidden so that no one can locate them, you should know that there are also other models that can be of great help to you and that perfectly meet their objectives.
An example may be a GPS locator in a cigarette lighter socket. In addition to being easy to install, no one will know that it is there since it “camouflages itself” and acts as if it were a real cigarette lighter socket. One of its advantages is that you will not have to be fighting with the cables, you have to do is connect it and it will be ready to be used.
There are also GPS locators that use a GPRS or 3G connection, for example this FM 1202. The main advantage of this type of product is its coverage. Since they use the same as mobile telephony, no matter how far it is, they may always send you a signal with the location where it will be, improving your user experience.
Read More: Detect Hidden Vehicle’s GPS tracking system with these easy steps.
On the other hand, there are the LPWAN GPS trackers, also known as Sigfox. They are very similar to the previous ones, with the difference that they use a communication module instead of using the telephone network. The coverage is very wide, the battery has reduced consumption and it is not necessary to go to a professional to vehiclery out its installation.
Finally, there are Bluetooth locators. The main disadvantage is that they only serve to find people or objects that are nearby. You can find out your stolen vehicle location. The battery consumption is very low and the costs are very little. They aren’t suggested for vehicle tracking.